I'll avoid the whole ethics issue of import castings which are simply "clones" of domestic R&D efforts and, instead, suggest STRONGLY that any initiative on your part based on using import castings needs to start with a thorough inspection & evaluation of those castings.

From what I've seen w/ the Pr*c*mp BB Victor "clone" casting I've posted about recently (porting work I've done while using one as a substitute for an actual Edelbrock casting), it has some issues that are not going to be "fixed" by simply applying a CNC porting program to it. I can't speak to the quality of the casting material / metalurgy(sp?), which might be perfectly acceptable, nor the reliability of the valve seat installation from the manufacturer, if replacing them is not part of the plan.

As far as what influences my own cylinder head purchases, I DO take into account the origin and general reputation for QC and/or known issues before even considering the advertised flow #s, runner volumes, etc. I may be in the minority based on the folks who post about budget concerns driving everything.

If they're only offered as a "one size fits all" version, having proven dyno & track results for typical combinations applicable to those heads would be extremely helpful in gauging their effectiveness, as opposed to being sold simply on the merits of their flowbench results.

If you're not able to offer a product that is filling a void in the market and are simply providing "just another ported head", IMO your success will be tied to marketing (e.g. advertised flow #s, regardless of other pertinent aspects of the head's design) and / or price, since some people seem unable to look beyond the initial purchase price, regardless of what the long-term cost-of-ownership implications are (e.g. paying additional $ to fix flaws, reliability issues that arise that result in additional repair expenses, etc).