A couple of thoughts/comments about this. First as you've noted Edelbrock is currently the only domestic manufacturer of standard port small block heads so if you want to start with a "made in the USA" product then Eddys are your only small block choice. Big blocks are a different story since Indy has a broader line up than Edelbrock currently has for big blocks. Edelbrock has established a fairly good reputation for casting quality, overseas made products are likely to be more problematic. Not necessarily bad, just not as well known. As for pricing I have a set of Indybrocks that are in near OOTB condition and I inquired at the March Indy show a couple of years ago what Indy would charge to take my heads and run them through their CNC program. The idea was that I would give them my bare heads and they would only do the CNC program, no valve job or anything else. At that time I was quoted a price of $750.00. I don't know if that price would still hold. I would think that a CNC program that works on standard small block Eddys could be adapted to Indybrocks fairly easily.