If you want t ohave it all for the least - a typical 505" Rb with a FAST EFI and some sort of modern trans would be chaepest. It won't get the milage of a Gen III but it will look "right" and if it couldn't get high teens mileage wise I'd be surprised. The new hemis are cool but they take a lot to get in place - and nothing's cheap stuff. I'd rather have a car that's worth more than I just put into when I'm done, and a high hp gen 3 swap will be close to break even at best. The last pull out 6.1 I had any interaction in was $6500 byt itself and makes 345hp to the tire with a carb and cam swap. That's not enough steam to put a heavy E body (saddled with options and stuff) to mid 11s. Especially not with the driver shifting it and street rubber.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.