Quote:

If you have the coin, then a supercharged Gen 3 and a T56 6spd and Ford 9 inch rear would make for a nice combo...if you want, and HP is your only concern, with no regard to brand loyality, then an LS1, T56 6spd, Ford 9 inch rear or IRS...If corner carving is in the cards

Mike has a valid point. If your going to be utilizing a new generation fuel injected engine you can't really beat the aftermarket support the LS or Coyote engines get with wiring harnesses efi engine controls needed to install these engines into a chassis that was not originally designed for these engines. I did see a mega squirt harness and computer for the 6.1 Hemi engine but nothing from Mopar to my knowledge.

The idea of taking a third gen Hemi and running an old school carb and distributor on it eludes me but hey I'm only one person and maybe the rest of the world is into carbs and dizzy's on new engines?

The Coyote engine is also a good value and takes some weight off the nose of these cars. They need a retrofit serpentine belt kit to run a power steering belt as Ford is now using electric for the power assist on the rack in the new cars. I think its offered by Vintage Air and a few others.

Think of this a Coyote Engine inside a Road Runner..............that would take an easy 250# off the nose of a Mopar powered by a RB Six Pack.

Back on topic my 508 Six pack, 4.25" stroked with 727 9.5" convertor and 2.94 gears and 26" tall tires was knocking out 18+ mpg cruising the highway. Even with 2.94's the car screams that convertor works in that heavy car and slip is less than 2% at 55 mph.