Hey guys,

I appreciate all the input and responses on this! I am trying to stay positive too and not get disappointed with where im at. I don't really want to spin the motor higher than I am, and even though it does make power higher, it seems to run best where I am currently shifting it.

As for removing the exhaust, it ain't going to happen..Especially since the class I want to run requires running mufflers/exhaust. Will I gain? possibly, but if I can't use those gains when I race, I don't see the point.

I am going to actually head outside in the next little bit to get the timing cover off the motor and advance the cam. Im really hoping this will wake the car up. I also never thought about it, but a low gear set in the 904 could also possibly help my cause without having to change the rear gear ratio.

As for the elephant like weight, im going to have to do some serious and creative thinking about what im going to remove off this thing or change. I was thinking glass bumpers, but I really like how the chrome ones look. I have never lightened the bumper brackets, but I guess its worth a shot (there is also no brace behind either to remove). My car has no crash bars, and the undercoating is all still there just because I drive this thing even in rain and like the protection it provides. I am however thinking about ditching the whole heater box setup, going alum rad and electric fans, and if I can find a nice chrome finish for fibreglass, then going that route for the bumpers. If I can get this thing to weigh somewhere in the 3300lb range with me in it I would be happy, but I think thats going to take alot.

But one thing at a time though...Going to get that cam advanced and see what it does for me. Im wondering if that will also change the jetting that the car likes, as I already know the car will probably want to be shifted somewhat lower than the 6700rpms it currently sees.

Ideally better heads and a solid roller would be the way to go, but im going to try and work with what I have and see what the car does before winter- if im not happy with the performance, then maybe over the winter those are some options for me to think about.