Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The fact that my incrementals are all inline with eachother is what has me a little upset...I built this thing to run 10.90's and im struggling to even get 11 oh's out of it. I am running IMM prepped and ported RHS X heads that flow 291/212 cfm at .600"...I agree that the converter could have been loosened more, but at this point sending it back out is not feasible (its almost $450 to get it re-stalled which was covered by them this past time, but next time around I would have to pay...plus the 100 bucks in shipping there and back )...However, its definitely an improvement over how it was stalling before

I too am thinking that advancing the cam might not really give me much improvement, if any, at all....but its worth a try right? Maybe the car will pick...atleast I sure as heck hope so...otherwise this winter its back to the drawing board to figure out how to get more power out of this thing.

maybe you are asking for to much at 3500lbs. low compression, steel heads, small cam

Do you think so? Im not being sarcastic here either when I say that...I thought a 408 stroker, even with my steel heads, 4.10 gear and 28" tires would be sure fire way to break into or atleast get real close to running 10's in my car...albeit I didn't think my car would weigh as much as it does, but I have seen others post on here about their 3400lb cars going 10's no problem with sb strokers, so I didn't think I would be too far off.

I know removing weight is the easiest way to go faster, but I am honestly out of ideas. I have no backseat, kirkey seats up front, glass hood, aluminum wheels, 904 instead of a 727, no p/s or p/b or a/c...Heck, the only things left would be aluminum heads, glass bumpers, and when I switch to electric fans over my clutch fan (which really I don't think should weigh much anyways)...The mild steel cage added quite a bit of weight to the car, but I have no clue where else to start a diet on this thing.

Not going to lie, I am a little let down with how the car is running...I usually never get my hopes high any time I build a new combo, but this time around I was really gunning and hoping for 10's

yes I do, here is what I know.we all know Brian knows what he is doing.you really don't have the optimum set uo with the converter, gears, etc so that hurts the combo a little but not much. anytime you have an ET goal you should exceed it by a bunch. I would have went with a better set of heads and a roller cam. talk with Brian a roller may pick you up 30hp or so just with a cam change.