Quote:

Heres what made up my mind.1. Hacking up the sheet metal.2. I asked different people about these transmissions, one guy said, that if I was raised on the old stuff, that I wouldn't like the way the new stuff shifted. So I got a Passon 4 speed OD. Heck,he even had a proper date coded case for me.

Same here, what made up my mind to NEVER want a new process/Chrysler 883 4spd in any of my cars ever again was how nice and short the shift throws were on the TKO's, plus being able to run 4:10 rear gears and top out in the mid 140 MPH range, plus still have killer street performance, and have the ability to knock down 20-22 MPG on long cruises with a 440/6, or 16-18 MPG with a 472 HEMI, no more leg cramps pushing a 3200-3400 pressure plate, now I just let a hyd throw out bearing do the job on the same pressure plate,....

yeah I miss those days of having 4:10's, a Chrysler 4 spd, and being lucky if I could hit 60 MPH, constantly stopping for gas because I'm constantly at 5500 RPM on the highway sucking down 8-10 MPG with a 1:1 drive ratio on a boat rowing 4 spd,...yeah I'd want to go back to that