Going back to the original issues, it doesn't look like you can bolt on the Magnum PS pump & bracket as it sits. I just got done with a rough mock-up of the '92? Ram 2500 Van setup I got over the last couple of weekends, and it looks like there's no place for the PS pump to mount. On the Mag, it apears to mount on the block, and there are 4 bolts that hold it in place. None of these bolt holes are on an LA engine. Now, I will admit to having slept since I took the parts off of the van, so maybe I'm missing something, but RIGHT NOW, it looks like that little tidbit is a no-go on an LA engine. On the other hand, I THINK it ought to be pretty straight forward to use 90% of the LA PS brackets to mount the PS pump in approximately the same LA location.

This SHOULD BE possible because most of the bolt holes on the timing cover are in the same place as the LA bolt holes. However, the bottom two bolt holes on the Magnum water pump are farther apart (pretty sure, brain dump) than the LA, so that MIGHT affect one bracket for the PS. Beyond that, you'd have to make sure the pulley lined up, and, you'd have to have a serpentine pulley on the PS pump, obviously. I think you can accomplish this by swapping the pumps (if they're both Saginaw, this might be plug-n-play), or swapping the pulleys. In either case, you'll have to pull the pulley off of the Magnum pump to get to the bracket bolts which are under the pulley...

I'll attach some pics to show what I've got so far.

Clair

1736163-Mock-up-01.JPG (544 downloads)