Quote:

Those of us who have been reading you for years know of your dislike of roller rockers and 2.02 intake valves in smallblocks. All well and good, but if the bearing was PROPERLY SPECIFIED, it will last for a long long time.

R.

Go to hughes sight if you don't believe me. http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/3rockerarms282007.php
Here is an excerpt:The rockers only rock in a small arc of approximately 25 or 30. If the rocker or the shaft actually rotated the needles would live longer. Here again is a conundrum. The smaller needles spread the load over more needles, but they are more fragile you just cant win! Some of the roller rockers even have needle rollers in the roller at the tip of the rocker. The unit loading is very high with needle bearings. All these extra parts are just more points of potential failure.
It isn't fun and games looking for needles in an engine when one comes apart. Seen it happen more than once.
As for the 2.02 valves I have nothing against them in the right application. Personally 1.88's have fit me better and given me better ET's. Also friends have gone from 2.02's back to 1.88's for more torque out of the turns on thier dirt tracker. To each there own.