Quote:

...I read where the C body guys were converting chevy shocks but I found no one had tried doing this with the late B bodies...

...The edelbrock chevy shock #33016 is very close to the legnth of the KYB # 4506, so close that it will work if you shorten the lower portion of the upper bushing 2/3 of its height. You also must push out the chevy pin at the bottom and use the metal sleeve from the donor shock bottom...

That's good info, Tom. I have done the same thing for my way-lowered Valiant: I've got QA1's spec'd for GM A-body cars (LeMans, Chevelle, Skylark, etc.), since they're just short enough to be in the middle of the working range for the shock. Press out the foot, change the top bushing, and off you go. The EB's were too long for what I wanted to do, and the QA1 tech advised me to do just as you say: modify the foot to work with the thru-bolt design. It was a piece of cake. I'm now looking to see what I can make work on my 68 Sport Fury, which takes a really short shock like this one. What are the extended/compressed lengths for the EB part you've got? I wouldn't mind running those if I can find the right fit for the front. The rears are cake for me, since I think it shares a PN from the 72-93? 2WD Ram trucks, and is close to the B/E body dimension, too. I just need to measure them to be sure.

The take-home message is that you can't depend on the aftermarket to take care of you, but if you do some measuring and think for a bit, you can probably find something that will work great.

Clair