Quote:

Quote:

Put in the new plugs and it fired up nicely and sounds a little better. I will take a test run tomorrow and see if the new plugs did any good?

Did california fall off into the ocean, and "tomorrow" never came?

did you drive it?

I was going to say that I had popping through the carb on the 383 that was in my car. very similar to what you're describing, only when the engine was under a load.

my problem was that the brake booster blew out, and created a LARGE vacuum leak. 3 of my exhaust valves burned up because that half of the manifold had gone lean.

Hope your plus fix it! if not...am I starting sooner rather than later on overhauling this 383 I have here?

Dang...how long did you drive it for the valves to burn up?

I had my power brake booster start leaking last summer and had some small back fire on slow down out the back of the exhaust when there was high vacuum. I replaced it but didn't hurt the motor.

Mine started popping out the exhaust coming down Pikes Peak and that's when I noticed it. Drove the car all around Vegas in 115 degree temps for 3 days after that and took it home and replaced the booster. Drove around Vegas with it pinched off so I would not look like a dufus with a back firing 340. Never even dreamed about burning up valves.