I think the most memorable and saddest was the loss of a good friend in Gary, and also the loss of Dram's wife this week. I never thought I would be emotional about two people I have never met, but their loss is so much more than a statistic. I am amazed by the compassion of those on this site by their heartfelt sorrow.

I also was able to meet DG at MATS, but unfortunately didn't spend much time chatting. When I got home she mentioned that it was possible to get a hotwheels Hemi under glass toy and have it signed. I think I mentioned that I didn't realize it and wished I took the opportunity, as Dad was impressed bigtime with how the car ran, and also how drag racing had leaped so far ahead since he used to race in the late 50's before Me...Then DG sent me an extra HUG signed car she bought.. wouldn't accept even shipping. Thank you DG.

And my accident last week, buying a hemi truck replacement and the discount received by Yeller-rt that allowed me to come to the bright-side instead of buying a generic truck , which was almost a given since it will tow our 66 charger to the racetrack in STYLE.

And also to my good friend from the north Rob Reid, without whose generosity toward my son in getting us a wicked engine, our changing from a 65 fury to put the engine into, to a duster project that would still be a dream due to my slowness, to the 66 charger turnkey minus engine purchase. Michael had to move it from the garage to the shop today, drove it 1/4 mile to the intersection and back today, and came back shaking from adrenaline from the ride....I know, I owe Rob a video, and will get one from the track, but this car just hauls the mail. I hope it does low 11's off the trailer and can be tuned to it's potential soon.

So for me the friendship, along with the saddness of the two events that bring tears to my eyes -will never be forgotten. For Dan I hope the words from us and his family and friends will heal his wounds. I can not fathom the experience, but realized when I saw my trashed car at how fragile we are, and to take life as it is dealt, but try and add some good to it while we are here on earth.

Merry Xmas, and happy new year.

Allen

'05 Quad cab hemi truck- Flame red- magnaflow exhaust 70-440 cuda- 74-360-4v Challenger- new driver car EX vehicles: 66 charger Drag car- 10.80 at 123 mph 57 imperial 392 Hemi 1960 Sanger V drive- mondello-built 392 hemi