Quote:

Quote:

So are you saying that you bought a balanced kit, had everything weighed to confirm weights were within tolerance, and then had the crank spun , which pretty much would have been having the assembly balanced , minus any weight matching.

Then had the crank installed in a crank grinder and had the taper checked and the indexing checked ???

A very good friend owns the machine shop and we frequently trade favors so I asked him to check the balance - of which I did most of the work. All the piston and rod weights were checked and the crank spun. The final balance was within 1/2 gram. The crank was mic'd to check taper. Index was checked with a degree wheel when we did the trial fit. No problems found.

If you're going to knock a product, you should have first-hand experience. If you want to participate in the discussion at least have the courtesy to keep your comments neutral. There are some VERY experienced engine builders on here who have had NO issues with 440Source stuff but for every one of those there are three bozo's posting hearsay!

I'm happy that the parts worked out for you ...

No where in this thread did I knock the product .... but everyone knows there is no love loss between myself and the condescending [censored] that is/was the owner ... I suggested to the OP that he save a potential headache and just have it done locally so he knows that it is correct.

I have received emails from members with their tails that are afraid to post them because of the bozos sword swallowers.