Quote:

Every shop these days uses a Hines computer balancer that is easy to use and very very accurate. Grinding a gram or two off new nice rods is just not done--take em out--weigh them up and go with it--a few grams is way closer than anything but the space shuttle--pistons are always close enough too.
Prove to me that a few grams one way or the other made or ruined any combo , even a modern Prostock and I will give you my house!
They may sell China parts that do need looking at but I can teach a 6th grader to do great balance work on a Hines in about 6 hours!--They are all spin and drill--Heavy metal is almost never used anymore--spin it, drill two 3/4 inch holes a half inch deep and you wind up spending more time cleanning it after than balance time--it is a no brainer to get one Nascar close. Look at your pistons and rods, if they have holes and grinding you are dealing with a shop that does more harm than good if we are talking aftermarket parts ( stock rods are a different tale) SCAT makes some of the best done right stuff out there for the average guy--the rods they sell are usually Dead On--Cranks are designed for Target bob weights and are easy to balance unless you are building a turd combo--yes..check pinfit, crank size, taper etc but then what ya gonna do? Regrind the crank? Get pins right , don't worry about the rest if it is decent close. Relax, it is not that hard. Loose is good.....tight, she no gonna work! That is the key. Most folks can't run a mic well enough to check taper in a crank--when Eagle and the rest first started years and years ago with China--it was all junk but now--we have Americans ther to mill wright it all and have shown them over the years what we expect--those parts have gotten WAY better as time has passed--Way better! Scat is the brand I love--Eagle --ehhh, Oh yes Callies is great but the price!!

Very well said.