Quote:

Quote:

That's just plain deceptive then, thanks for the heads up.

How can you use the term "bushed type" without a bushing being present?

They should have stated something like "shaft type non-bushed" to be perfectly clear. Yes, it is a bit decepetive but at that price range I haven't found any others that are bushed. Or state that they are.

I tend to look at it like this............the non-bushed type may actually have more "loadbearing" ability than the bushed rockers that use two narrow bushings like the Comp Cams rockers I've seen. Roller fulcrum rockers are actually harder on the shafts due to the needlebearings having a finer load specifically focused where each needlebearing touches than the way a bushing spreads it out. That's when the loose tolerances of poor manufacturing and poor metal quality breaks down those import rockers so quickly. AND the stock set-up never had bushings due to the system having a direct oil fed system pushing oil on them. They don't usually gall until dirt or metal is in the motor.

So, you either pay the big $$ and get HS, T&D or Jesel.........or mid-to low end hobby guys like myself buy the non-roller extruded Hughes, Dove or budget HS's.

The Doves do look like a nice product and American made!!

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Dove%20Rocker%20Arms.htm

There is a reason that the roller rockers use the
bearings... its to get oil to the shaft area... if
you run a bushed style rocker with big spring pressure
it doesnt get oil on the shaft.. yes it will get oil
on it at low RPM... thats why they say dont use them
on high RPM engines(it doesnt have time to get the
oil to slide back down to the bottom load area)