Quote:

Quote:

Some guys were talking about the "PRW" brand rockers a few weeks ago. Dunno what the consensus ended up being on those. It didn't sound all bad.

I have been bidding on some old Crane/Isky/Erson ductile iron rockers on Ebag for a few weeks now. They've gone up and the price of new is pretty startling.

Soooooo, I just got some Harland Sharps from Mancini Racing. These are the "Exclusive" ones, supposedly, only available from them. They advertise them as a "bushed type" but there's NO bushing just a "non-roller" set-up. Which is OK by me since I'm not going over .600 lift for my deal. The shafts look real nice, appear to be hard-chromed and very thickwall (less flex).

So, for a little more than the PRW's, I bought an American made (as far as I know) rocker system that will not disintegrate under useage.

Crane use to call those type rockers "Extruded aluminum roller tip rockers" They will break on the bottom if misused, roller cam with a lot of spring pressure(600+ lbs) and RPM(6000+ RPMs)
OP, I bought several sets of CAT brand alumimun full roller rockers arms(Harland Sharp Chinese clones ) several years back before it became known that they where not that great I put one set on a set of Speed Pro H.D. chromed rocker shafts in a solid roller lifter cam motor, the rollers ate the shafts up real quick I have since bought several sets of the 440 Source roller rocker shafts so I can use those rockers on a hydraulic lifter motor for myself with 350 Lbs open pressure, I'm hoping that works out If not they all (four sets)go in the trash

I used those Crane rockers for years with ZERO problems
and ran 8000 RPM with 720 psi open(those were the
rockers MP sold for many heads... I used them on my W-2s)