You had a couple of options for B1 heads. B1BS and B1 originals. I wonder how well a BS head works when done all out? They are not expensive. The originals were made for racing, not street car and small et numbers. That's why we were offerd 2 back in the day.

I pulled my engine out of my race car , installed the B1 and got to use the same Headers. They even fit better. (tube chassis) Serious racer will go the extra length to have the headers made, or make them their selves. Koffel's has the 2 3/8 flanges already. You can get by with smaller. By the way, Koffel's keeps pistons in stock.

I really have never bought a shelf piston for racing. They were always needing deeper pockets for a better cam choice. Everything has it's limits. You ever run a 440 source kit? They advertised notches up to around 700 lift. Zero deck and you fly cut. Most are around 12 in the hole.

MR P has a set of kick azz pistons forsale for the MC B1's at a fantastic price if someone is going that route. And can be used on an original