Quote:

Quote:

The guy at discount tire yesterday said it was a no-no to mix and match tires. I told him it's gonna be a hot rod and I'm not too worried about handling characteristics. I just wants something that looks decent with whatever rear tire I decide on.

For most the public, that is probably a germain statement, particularly for bias ply and radial combos, although many of us can successfully drive that combo as well. Differing tread designs can produce different and inconsistent grip characteristics that you average stability control enhanced soccer mom car needs to have.

On a hot rod, I'd worry less about tread design than finding a front tire with the right diameter to produce consistent roll out with your typical RT to match the last bulb on the tree. For a street car, simply find the diameters that produce the rake you want.

2nd on the BFG junk. Hockey puck comes to mind with those. Coopers are a much better choice. MT SR is decent and does have matching fronts. Dean Stinger may be another option as might be Hoosier Pro Street. Might also consider Maxxis Marauder. MT SR and Maxxis are both H speed rated. Most other 15" tires are going to be S or T rated.

Also- all the tire shops I've spoken with said the BFGs are offer better traction than the Cooper Cobras. I guess when it comes to tires, everyone's' opinions are different.