What is your priority?

You get to make a choice; traction or wear life. As they get stickier, they wear faster.

I personally have 2 rear sets of wheels and tires. I tried very hard not to go this way because I wanted one set to do it all. But if you have any real horsepower numbers, it's just not possible.

I still enjoy a big smokey burn-out, and so does everyone else. That means street tires. And the brand is not terribly important. I can usually get 2 years or more out of street tires doing regular burn-outs.

If I have good sticky tires like drag radials, the acceleration is much better with the increased traction. But, it is easy to go through 2 or 3 sets of them an year doing roughly the same amount of burn-outs.

Besides, the street tires make for a much better burn-out overall. And the street tire burn-out is a much bigger crowd pleaser than brutal acceleration. Unless you are at the track or having a street grudge match.

Over the last 5 or 6 years, I think that the compromise of 2 different sets of wheels and tires has made my car more fun and actually saved me money since I have not bought several additional sets of sticky tires.

Besides, the sticky tires get hard after a year or so and start loosing their grip. They are not a good choice for a long term tire if the grip was the primary reason for purchase.

Frankly, more and more of the street tires are imports and are crap. But they are hard enough to last a good while. This choice can be made on price or looks alone.

The stickier tire choice is much tougher.

Master, again and still