I think with the weight/power/and HP I kinda think that you don't want it to hook too much. Something has to slip or something will likely break. If the car is mainly drag race, then I would suggest getting smaller diameter torsion bars and get the front end loose (something I was not too successful in the belvedere). The drag radials tend to be binary (hook or slip with nothing in between). MT suggests that they NOT be used with stick cars. Also, 4.10 or 4.56 rear gears would take load off of the trans/clutch. The CF DF is a great clutch, but you do have to build in slip somewhere or you will likely smoke the clutch. I never tried SS springs/snubber and had used caltracs with XHD rear springs. In less than a season they become S shaped. The stock springs are much thicker than the monoleafs which affects the function of the caltracs. Also, if I recall the XHD springs have 6 leafs on the right side and 5 on the left (i.e. different thickness). This would make the caltracs act differently on each side.

If its mainly a street car to race every now and then, set it up for how you want it on the street, and then either add air to the slicks for slip or learn to slip the clutch some coming out. You can also be consistent with a 'controlled bog', just not as fast as it could be.
Good luck
It is fun

66 Belvedere Vert, 4 Speed/Jerico, slowly, very slowly, getting faster - NA LD Wedge
New New Best: 10.56 @129
68 B'cuda 4 gear Jerico - Another New Best of 9.86 & Trying to slow up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4jDLKwd9Gs