Quote:

Quote:

How much boost does it make like that at launch? I'm just guessing here but I think there would be a big difference between the EGT of an engine running against a 2 step at 2500 and one hitting on all 8 WFO against say a 2500 converter to keep the comparison apples to apples. It takes a load to make boost and I don't see the load being that great using a 2 step to hold 2500 rpm against a 5000 converter.

Kevin

Makes zero boost, and doesn't come up until after 60' for sure.

But you are absolutely correct that I could be doing more then just holding it on the two step at 2500 instead of the converter if it was tighter. I'm sure it would be better then what I saw yesterday. I can play with fuel/timing to get it to spool too lower.

Once the boost is turned up, I might not have any choice but to tighten it up if it's blowing through the converter. Might just be too dang loose under power. I know PTC can make a stater change to help it, they just told me to try it like this first.

We'll see... might just put more cam/gear in it to run more RPM instead... lol

You could try a heavier grade of oil in the trans to tighten it up, but I don't think it would get you a lot. Might tell you if that was the direction to go for cheap tho.
Just speculation but I still think hard against the brake with a 35-3800 converter you will be leaning pretty good on that 8lb spring.

Any chance you can borrow one?

Kevin