Quote:

I checked my 1406 as installed on a bone stock '83 318 (exc for carb/streetmaster intake/dist tweaking) and my normal idle is ~600 and when I turned the idle speed screw in 1 exact turn (starting from just closed) the idle speed went up to 720 and no vacuum out of the pass (ported) port. then I cranked it up higher and ported did not start to show vacuum untill ~900 ish rpm and at 2 full turns in I was up to 1300 rpm and showing 1&1/2" vacuum. I run 18 deg of initial at ~600 rpm EDIT Oh I checked the throttle and the link did not start to open the secondaries until I was pretty close to WOT and it only opened them a very little bit . At that point it did take very little finger pressure to open them up all the way so I guess airflow opens the secondaries the rest of the way & also opens the counterweighted air valve above it

Hmm...... well I'm not sure what to make of this as far as my 1405 goes, other than conclude that your idea about the transfer slot possibly being incorrectly milled may not be that far off the mark

Oh one thing- you're running a aftermarket intake manifold, I'm running the stock cast-iron 1969 intake. I don't know if that might have anything to do with it, I'm pointing it out just in case it does....

As far as the secondaries go, then it sounds like they're ok and I actually do have them adjusted correctly.

I haven't gotten a chance yet to check my theory on my vacuum gauge possibly being off. I still think this might be a long shot but since I'm running out of possibilities other than a faulty carb it'd be worth checking out. Unfortunately I won't be able to get to that until early next week.

Edit- btw Robert thanks for taking the time to check out your carb. If anyone else is reading this that owns a Edelbrock Performer and wouldn't
mind slapping a vacuum gauge on their ported vacuum for a reading at idle, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Last edited by David_Trimble; 10/18/12 10:29 PM.

'69 Dodge Charger R/T