Quote:

so clutch fans are useless also....

Not once did I say that.

Clutch fans are not tightly shrouded. There is usually a significant gap between the fan and shroud.
I just measured the stock fan and shroud on my 72 Imperial. The opening in the shroud is 21" in diameter. There is a 3/4" gap between the fan and the shroud all the way around.
Do the math. Area of a big circle minus area of the little circle.
The gap is 21 square inches.
That's the same as 2 inches wide and 10-1/2 inches long. Plenty of air will get through that opening regardless of what the fan is doing. The funnel shaped shroud helps push the air that way.

The fan clutch can engage do drive the fan or slip to let the fan spin at whatever speed the air can push it. Lots of air will get by.

When you're talking factory style electric fans like the OP uses you must remember that many factory fan shrouds are relatively flat and shallow for packaging reasons. That limits free air flow. However, that's not much of a concern because the engineers knew how much air they had to deal with on the vehicle they were designing.

I have nothing against fan clutches. The reason I went to electric so many years ago was due to limited space in the hot rod. Once the 440 and bigger radiator went in I had no room for a fan clutch. Fixed and flex fans weren't doing the job. I had to find something.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon