Quote:

Could be running too lean also. Main circuit.

This is always my first thought, but he's running electric fans with non stock shroud. I'm thinking Feets is offering some good advise since he's been there with those electric fans and shrouds.

The the guy who responded first to the OP poster, yes they can stay cool even on a hot day idling for like a 1/2 hour at 5 PM in traffic.
Like my car did Thurs afternoon(it was still hot on Thurs) up in Heath at the Mopar nationals. There's construction up there and the traffic was backed up for like a 1/2 mile or more and we sat in traffic for close to a hour going both ways. My 474 camed 340 idled all that time with the AC cranking in my black car and it never went past 3/4 on the stock gauge. It usually runs at 1/3 or so but when it get's hot out and it idles it goes to 3/4 and stays there, I can watch my theremostat open and close on my temp gauge too. As soon as we get moving it drops right away. My motor is anything but stock, but my cooling system is completely stock all the way down to the radiator and it works. My
After all that we went to through the McD's drive through on a busy Fri afternoon at 5 PM. I hardly ever watch the gauge anymore.