Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

but even the shaft itself has some flex. The new 3rd bearing cuts that to near zero.

Rick

Its difficult to imagine a sector extending 1.5"?
and 1"+ in diameter, mainly torsionaly loaded, flexing any significant amount, worth correcting. The mounting is another story however, imo. I have read the numerous positive comments others have made, and suspect it offers an improvement. But "sector" flex is not the problem being solved. I do suspect that by using the sector as leverage arm mounting point to negate the oem cantilever sector box design, that this add on fix may now INCREASE actual sector flex. However I can't believe this miniscule increased sector flex, if even measurable, would be a hindrance, and that this likely stops the entire unit from moving a great deal, and is therefore a positive trade off. I guess my biggest complaint is the label "sector support kit" is misleading, it is not as I see it, bracing the sector, but simply using the sector as an effective anchoring point.

Yours truly as always

The bottom line: Just raise the hood of any muscle-era stock Mopar with the tires on the ground. Move the s/ wheel a few inches CW and CCW. You'll see the flex...it will be very apparent. it doesn't really matter what the source of the flex is (probably 95% K, 5% chuck). Now bolt on the FFI kit. Flex almost totally gone.

Yes, I admit copying this from the truck guys. I even tried to get the truck guys to make the kit before I offered the idea to FFI. I went over all that in the original article.

Rick

I've seen the kit before and it really interested me. I'm going to throw a runout gauge on the car next time I have it on the drive-on lift.