poisondart2

Reged: Mar 19 2010
Loc: Highland beach Fl
Re: INDY 572-13 HEADS ? [Re: MRMOPAR622]
#7284994 - Mon Jul 09 2012 08:30 PM
Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Well to answer the original question 440-1 great head but of course the 13's make more power.Who has the best price on the 440-1's I dont know but look at who is an Indy dealer on here, try Performance Only,Competionwedge or Bob George.

Congrats Billy on getting your dragster to 1450 as I just bought an altered that weighs 200 lbs more than you with a small block Guess Iam an idiot

If you noticed I am not the one that said it weights 1450 lbs That was AL But it is a light car and if you have a steel block SB,my all aluminum Indy engine will be just as light as yours Indy says they weigh 475 lbs complete with tunnel ram and 2 1150 Holley's mime has 2 1475 Terminators. I would guess with me in it 1700-1750 lbs,I would be very surprised if it is 1800 lbs.I spent a lot of $$$ trying to keep mine light. I may be wrong but I think you will find that most altered's are as heavy if not heavier than a dragster.

steeldust,another thing to consider is with the heat we are having it may be better to have a little more power than needed.If things keep going(weather wise)at the rate they are going now toward the end of this month and the next couple of months you may need to be holding back a full tenth.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"