Reged: Jan 20 2003
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: INDY 572-13 HEADS ? [Re: EvilB1Dart]
#7284697 - Mon Jul 09 2012 04:55 PM
Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Billy I surrender, I know you love bustin my ball$..I know my 2900lb little B1 running 8.0's at 170 is not worthy in your eye nor a match for that all mighty Indy motor in your little dragster for sure. I will crawl back in my hole and just be in awe Wonder how fast my little B1 would be in a 1450lb dragster anyway

Al, I don't want you to surrender,that would be no fun. I was only talking to you on the add my engine to your 1,000 hp list. As for how fast your little B1 engine would be in a 1450 lb dragster,not very fast at all you would be lucky to make it to the 60' time clocks,ask me how I know.Be fore warned I am building a new engine that will out Horse-Power you Hemi engine even on the dyno. The heads(your Big O'll Hemi heads) will even be up to par if not better than your heads on a flow beach.

I enjoy these head topics or should I call them Head Games.
For a couple of weeks everyone will say run the SR heads,them Big O'll 440-1 heads are just too much you don't need that much head. Then in a week or two the same ones will be saying,them 440-1 heads won't flow enough not even the 572-13 heads.Indy doesn't make a head big enough to make a 1,000 hp with.
The only thing I enjoy more than reading post like these,is all of you here on Moparts.Because most of you have came through with advice & help when I needed it.

Now I will try and help steeldust...In my opinion I think the 572-13 heads would be your best choice.They will work fine now and even better if at a later date if you decide to up the cu in.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"