Quote:

I would run another set of -13's anyday, It's not all about flow numbers.

that is so true. the 572-13,s have alot more port volume than the -1,s, at the same flow

I see there is still a few smart people out there!

Al add mine to that 1,000 hp list(mine has 572-13 heads),if not that or more how does it run the ET it runs? You can argue flow sheets & dyno numbers and it is nothing more than Gossip,when you put it in the car and it runs the numbers that's what counts!
I have been doing this a good while now and believe me as much $$$ as I put into engines over the years if I could or knew of anyone that could make more Horse-Power with a B1 engine and back those numbers up in the car I would have a B1 engine instead of a Indy engine.

I'm not loyal to Indy,as much $$$ as I have spent on Indy products I do not get any favors from them. I never bash B1 heads or any of the other people that build Mopar parts,in fact I wish we had more companies building good Mopar race parts like the X brand racers have.
Right now if you want a Mopar Race engine you either buy Indy they sell the blocks and everything else or B1 Heads and everything else from another supplier.They charge us what ever price they want,and if we want to go fast we have to buy it from one or the other of them and they both know it.
It seems out here on the East coast we only know how to make the Indy engines run fast.Our Indy engines make Big horse power @ 7400-7600 RPM!
Where as out on the West coast the B1 engines is the only engine you all out there know how to make run fast.What RPM do you guys how to turn those B1 engines to make Big horse power? is it in the high 8000-low 9000 RPM

Billy,
Your dragster runs fast for sure. Other than yours, and I'd still like to know what it weighs, I haven't seen a 572-13 motor that was worth the switch when you could upgrade to the B1 for the same money again JMO.
B1 problems with rocker geometry is something I don't know anything about, and I've owned 3 different 572 B1's that run 7.30's at 183, and that's in a 1850# car with a wing at Las Vegas. It runs that ET and MPH at around 7500RPM, shifting at 7200-7300. Also, the Koffels are much easier to deal with IMO.