Quote:

Hi Mike

Wasn't really planning on any dyno efforts or racing with it to be honest, as long as it feels good to drive I'm ok with it.

But, if the big C body feels much better than expected, I might change my mind. We'll see.

It ran 15s with the original 400 and some tuning, and in that particular car 15s was OK with me, until I wore out the motor and it felt lousy to drive.

Just a cruiser

She's holding 75psi oil pressure with a speed handle, I've got good oil flow upstairs, and I tried something new (for me), I pumped up the lifters while priming to see if they would hold oil. Seems ok so all systems are go.

I'm going to try one other new thing also, I'm going to fire it up on the floor before the swap to make sure everything's cool.

Rich,

I'll be honest I was just curious to see what HP you could ring out of a good basic rebuild. I think you will find that you are pleasantly surprised by it. I know the XE268 is a little cam, but it worked well in my old 70 dodge with a good built 440 with better heads and headers, but that cam and 4040 lbs of B body were very close to the 12's at 107 MPH. It has a nice little raspy sound and works well with a heavy car.

Mike

1969 Dodge Dart Swinger