I've been degreeing puppy cams, studying what they do, looking for the right one. Just a stump puller big torque 5000 rpm, near stock deal is all I am looking for.

So far I've installed/degreed a stock MP 268/284 cam, a comp cams 268 high energy (which was particularly odd), and next will be a MP .474.

The stock HP cam and the 474 have roughly the same intake closing point by specs (depending on whether advanced or not)....the comp 268H, despite the "4 degrees advance ground into the cam" marketing, was found to have more like 7 degrees advance ground into the cam....so will have to be installed retarded to end up where they recommend installing it

Instead of "4 degrees advance ground into the cam", my view of it is "We deliberately put the dowel pin in the wrong place, have fun"

The comp 268H cam has about 7 degrees earlier intake closing than the stock HP or the 474, which should make more torque. But it might make it detonate too. But, it's got less than 9:1 so probably not.

I think I would like the idle quality of the 268H just fine. Definitely a puppy cam...here is a clip I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355J6uRjJR8

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri