Hey Phil

I'm not ruling out the 474 cam yet, that's for sure.

It's about 8.7:1, and I think that one would be less likely to detonate than the little 268H so that is the appeal of it.

For the throttle response/to help keep rpm down, I was going to put a Performer (not an rpm, but the regular performer everyone here dislikes) and a 3310 on it.

The land yacht has 3.23 open, and I do have an ancient 11" 2400 converter for it too. I think it would be allright, it's just the size of the car that makes me want to keep the cam small....this car is like 23 feet long or so. I just want to leave it in "D" and stab the throttle.

Anymore input on it or the other cams I've mentioned is welcome.

Dragged a .528 solid out to the shop to check it out too, only to then remember I don't have a spare 3 bolt timing set Would rather save the .528 for a nicer engine anyway so that's out.

A couple things I measured on the so-called 474 cam seem fishy (.332 lobe lift, .498 theoretical valve lift and
283 @ .006???), and I've got a feeling it may not be what I think it is. Never heard of a hydraulic purple shaft that had .498 lift, but I've got one

Another hunch is, maybe both the 268H and the 474 marketing/advertised lift numbers are really "this is what you'll see with a mic" which I admit also did....since neither one came close to agreeing with the lobe lift number when measured off of a lifter.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri