Quote:

Is this thing supposed to be a direct fit for Power OR manual steering columns?
NOT that I am interested. They just failed to mention it in the ad. PLUS, $750...??? You can take a POS from the junkyard, spend $350 for a Firm Feel rebuild, add Fast Ratio idler and pitman arms for another $250, and have 12 to 1 ratio for $100 less.
Jeff

For only $100 more, IMHO you are getting a brand new box and lighter weight. It's faster ratio than stock. And to some a better all around ratio. Seems like many sporty new cars have around 14:1 steering.

The long arm method doesn't work with certain headers in some cars. No A-body will work with long pitman and headers at all.

Also the Delphi box is lighter. And it's NEW. Not rebuilt.

I heard this was being worked on a 1 1/2 years ago from someone. Glad it came out. Sort of bummer on the price.

I specifically asked Borgeson at the SEMA show last November about adapting a Dephi box to a Mopar... They said they had no plans. But that was just one of the guys in the both. And probably can't show all thier cards.

I think the 3.5 turns lock to lock is mis-information.

Fact is the Dephi box is 14:1. The Mopar box it 16:1

Dephi also makes a 12:1 or around that box. IIRC, it's the same casting/body as the 14:1 box. So that could/should be in the future.

The welding doesn't concern me as much as the what looks to be lack of gussets and support between the plate and the output shaft tube. The regular Delphi boxes have a long output shaft tube.

It's nice that they designed it using the stock pitman (or any stock pitman). That lowers the cost when it wears out needing replacement.