All of the post have been very informative. I think this might be the best starter option for what I wanna do in the future. I'm quite aways off from building anything but I my degrees are finally within reach(I graduate from college in Dec). Depending upon whether I go grad school or straight into the workforce will determine how quickly I can start building something. I'm still trying to determine whether I should start out building a car or converting the car we have. Both, would be quite a bit of work.

This engine looks to have very good potential for power. Getting a properly spec out cam, new valvetrain parts, and reworking the heads some would be key. 10000rpm should be cake after that. I think adjustments could be made in other areas to work well plus with the money you save getting a complete engine, you could put that money back into the engine to upgrade other things. I would also have to change the oil system over to wet sump to work in this class as well but thats doable. Anybody know what the max bore is on the R5 block?

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III