Well took it apart today toget the termostat out. Sure enough it was the problem! Dads been a mechanic since middle 60's and said he has never seen one look like this one. The middle rubber ring seal was so swollen up it actually locked the thing shut. When we pulled it out there was no question it was the problem. We had the radiator out so we flushed that and cleaned the fins. Before we started doing that I tried to find a couple plugs to cover the tranny lines. I had one drawer open on my bottom box and one slightly open on the top box. Went looking in my junk drawer with all my odds and ends which is in the top box. Slid it shut walked away only to hear this creeking as I turned around I see my box tipping over and there was nothing I could do but go OH F@#k! Ended up bending 4 guides on the top box and 2 on the bottom box. Its a snap on Doug herbert eddition box so it damaged that while also dumping all my tools all over the shop floor. I was just saying I should go through it and clean it out but sure didn't want to do that tomorrow! Oh well car is fixed so if it wasn't the problem it sure would sting alot more!
I want to thank all of you guys for your ideas and directions and help! Sure glad we have moparts! Thanks so much!

We went to winconsin dells this past weekend. While sitting in the drive through the car overheated to point that the idiot light chimmed. Here is what has been done or checked.

I got it cooled down released the pressure valve and thought maybe that was it. Still just driving it around in motel parking lot it ckimbed back up. Did that again except this time I opened the burp tank with car running then released the bleed valve. It sucked the tank down right now and burped air out the valve until it came back up through the burp tank.
No water in oil.
Doesn't appear to have steam out of exhaust
No oil in radiator
Fans turn on
Don't hear any traditional noises from water pump or see any leaking fron that area
pulled all plugs and they don't look like they have been washed. Actually are a light tannish brown ish color.
Used a cylinder leak down tester on 1st 2 holes but did not get it to work where I thought it wouldshow bubbles in burp tank. It actually wouldn't hold any pressure. Actually figured i was getting TDC wrong since I was having my 6 year old daughter bumping the switch.

So any ideas? Was thinking maybe the thermostat might be stuck shut.

thanks
corey

Last edited by hotairballoonpilot; 03/25/12 01:18 AM.

Contact Me about AMD Prices