Quote:

Quote:

I will respond in more detail later, but the 68 GSS Darts were factory cars that rolled down the assembly line as 383 GTS's without engines then shipped to Hurst-Campbell for the 440 install.

Now thats news to me. All the years I have been around Mopars I was always told MR Norms installed the 440 engines in the 68 Darts at his dealer. Ron

Norm has told me they did do the first couple at the dealership but more than 45 of them were done as I stated. I agree with the last poster, the cars would not be good for a FAST car the way they were built. Heck, most of the factory cars were built with 67 383 exhaust manifolds, I have documents around here somewhere that state that. Norm said he never put fenderwell headers in these cars, Iggy's muffler in Berwyn, IL made custom underchassis headers for them. And like another poster said, there are those 6 or so cars that Landy et all got to race in Super Stock that were custom built at the factory, so I can't answer the question of whether they would be legal or even competitive in FAST. Here is a factory GSS block that I bought last weekend at the Indy swap!

7114109-101_1714.JPG (116 downloads)
Last edited by Rhinodart; 03/11/12 09:19 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!