Quote:

Thirty + years ago I had to do exactly what Cab touched on (tree blinder). My duster was running 9.80-10.00 quarter mile times on super stock springs and even staging at 1200 rpm I would redlight on the last yellow so I put a visor on my helmet and I put about 4-5 pieces of black electrical tape across the top of the visor. I could lower my head in the car and BLIND out the other yellow bulbs. As soon as the last yellow came on I was gone. It takes out the anticipation and makes it more like a pro tree. Worked for me.

Make a visor and block out the top 2 bulbs...that way you will find out if you are anticipating the light because you will be reacting to the bottom bulb. I did this a few years ago for the same reason and found that I was anticipating the bottom bulb. My lights were too slow using the visor method, but it helped me with my current way of leaving the line. It might sound funny, but I literally say out loud in the car as I roll into the last stage beam "SEE IT!". This reminder helps me to wait till I see the bulb so I react to it, instead of anticipating it.

67 Barracuda street car, 408, e85, 1.38 60', 6.44 @105.9 in the 1/8 mile, 10.19 @130.5 in the 1/4...so far....