Quote:

Okay here is how I see it. If I got this right there are 4 questionable numbers on a lynch road car fender tag.

#1 is the build date. ... As we've been trying to tell you, there was an out of ordinary mixing of VINS and SPDS the last week of January. Without your original tag, whatever date you pick will be a guess. No matter who it is or how large the data base, NO ONE can help you pick the correct date.

Then there are 3 line production numbers that for the most part have no rime or reason. Not true at all. We haven't even touched on that topic yet.

The rest of the tag is basic info. We are not changing data on the tag were trying to make the best repo possible. But you ARE changing data on the tag because you cannot know what the original data was. Don't discount the information on a LR tag. There's more there than color, interior and drive train.

I don't see the problem. The first problem is practical: you cannot make an accurate or 'close' approximation of the tag because you need something you don't have, the original tag, in order to make the tag. Without the original tag, you are guessing on the data. There is information on there that no one can help you with.... at least no one trying to maintain their integrity and not make a buck of providing bad information.

The second problem is ethical. Yes, you can make a tag but should you? That's another thread.

Would you spend over $200 on a part for your car that you knew going in was wrong? Would you accept errors and inaccurate reproduction?

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!