Quote:

Quote:

At this time he doesn't have the fender tag.

Part of the problem is people make fake tags and then other people make fake tags based on the data on those fake tags. It's like the story that gets told and retold by other people until it doesn't even resemble the original story. I'd venture to say half the tags you see on cars at a show are bogus. Just because people are crapping all over our hobby to make their cars seem more valuable than they really are. If it's so important to have a fender tag on the car, buy one that already has one on it. It reminds me of the people who buy a house for cheap because it is near an airport and then they complain about the noise and want it "fixed".

Okay here is how I see it. If I got this right there are 4 questionable numbers on a lynch road car fender tag. #1 is the build date. I beleive with some help from some of the data people have on file we could get it pretty close. Then there are 3 line production numbers that for the most part have no rime or reason.

The rest of the tag is basic info. We are not changing data on the tag were trying to make the best repo possible.

I don't see the problem. Will it help the value of the car? Maybe a little but I don't think it's going to change the valve that much. I think it is part of the cars history. I think your gaining more by showing what the car came down the line with. If there are 3 sets of numbers that for the most part don't contribute to the cars appearance or options and nobody can make heads or tails of then what is the problem.