Quote:

That is a great answer.

You have conflicting goals. You want it to be as close as possible but this is not possible as there is too much information on a 69 LR tag that can only be found on the tag. The specific gate base and sequence number are ONLY listed on the tag. The cannot be found anyplace else.

Therefore, without an original tag, you cannot accuratly determine or reproduce what was on the tag. NO ONE can. It's not just me or what I can and cannot provide to you. Therefore, you might as well guess as to what those numbers are as you will never be able to determine what was on the tag. Without some sort of factory document, you will not be able to accurately determine the SPD or the VON.

If you want to make a '69 LR tag, you WILL HAVE TO make up information meaning it cannot nor never will be accurate as to the information it came with. Since you are making a bad tag anyway, whatever you have to guess at really doesn't matter. The tag will be tainted no matter what you do. That's why the SPD is the least of your worries in trying to make a LR tag.

Yes, you are damned if you do and damed if you don't. I've seen a lot of people that 'want' a tag only to spend $100's of dollars for a sub par and totally inaccurate part. You are asking somone to reproduce a part that was unique to your car; not generic like a set of fenders or emblems. Only YOUR car had that information and only information specific to your car can retrieve the data.

There may have been some out of sequence SPD assignments among Belvedere based cars on or about that VIN number. Without further research and a larger number of samples to confirm what I've seen, any guess at an SPD would be just that...a guess. I've been consistent, given you the best information I can and been truthful. The VIN is consistent with other cars that have an SPD of late January of 1969. Does this mean the car in question did? Without factory documents, we'll never know.

Any registry or data base can be made more useful by others chipping in. Because of what someone else sent me, I've been able to caution you about selecting a specific SPD for your car that may or may not be accurate. Witholding data doesn't hurt the compiler, it hurts everyone else trying to find information and learn.

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!