Quote:

looks close,yes it needs to move the whole range as the throttle moves it moves at same time,if there is any throttle movement and the TP linkage does NOT move it is misadjusted.

as it is right now, the rod moves every bit as the throttle does.

Quote:

trim the flat bar so it is out of the wat of the throttle stud and get another bolt in it so it will not pivot.it will make it more solid...just cut the slot off the one and add another bolt should fix that up.

the way i have the two flat pieces bolted together, there is only enough space for the stud to fit through, so it doesnt have the opportunity to "slide" along the stud in the opposite direction...if that makes sense. i'll get you a pic later when i get home from work.

Quote:

take some pliers and bent the clamp that hold the throttle cable upward some to help aline it.

I have mine bent al most straight up so it it looks like it clamps from the side.

thats a good idea, i'll heat it up and bend it up.

Quote:

remember to close up the slack in the adjustment on the bell crank to the shortest setting,then make the rod to carb the length you need,that way when you drive it you can adjust the slot on the rod end to make it longer...this will make the rpm/shift points go up stretching the gears out a little

trick is not to go to much as it will cause it to have a slow down shift when at light throttle..ect.

the way it sits now, the rod that attaches to the trans is all they way out at closed throttle...as soon as i apply throttle, it starts to move the rod, applying pressure to the trans. is that the adjustment you are referring to?

Quote:

you can push it back with no binding with the carb throttle not moveing correct?

you can move the throttle and linkage moves at same time/distance with no binding correct?

it would if i opened up the other end of that flat piece. the way i have the two flat pieces together only leaves enough room for the stud to fit through, so it moves any time the stud moves, forward and back. i suppose i could cut the front most part of the flat piece, but i didnt think that was necessary since when the throttle is closed, the rod should be moved back too, right?