Quote:

Wow lots of great info there Mike!! Thank you!! I think i will pass the job on to a local shop as it sounds like more than i want to get into in my driveway.

BTW i have always heard of "green bearings" but just what are they?
Thanks again
Stu

Stu,... Green Bearings are a ball bearing design, the originator of GREEN Bearings was Chrysler, it was a replacement bearing assy offered thru MOPAR to replace the tapered roller bearing assy found in production chrysler vehicles, Green Bearing allow you to loose the adjuster assy/preload required with the tapered bearings...Green Bearings, Chrysler's and other designs have been the topic of yea or nay amongsts motorheads for a few decades, some swear by them, some swear at them,.....myself I've used them the better part of 2 decades on the street/track/course with no failures, guess it boils down to installation for some?...almost every vehicle produced (re: Millions of vehicles, where's those massive failures ?) in the last few decades uses a "Green" style bearing, more and more track/course even circle cars are running Greens......if you do decide to use Greens use the snap ring style, Dr Diff sells those also

mike