Quote:

I called SSBC just now and said the kit they sell uses parts from a 1988 Turbo Thunderbird.

That's correct Stu,...SSBC rear disc kits are all that I use on my cars or customers cars,... Ford Thundercoupe rotors and calipers have always been the supplied componets in the kit, the rotors are redrilled to slip on the mopar axle studs, you'll need to remove the axles (naturally) the kit will have a spacer to replace the clearance lost by removing the drum backing plate, so no need to remove the thrust button if your doing an 8 3/4 axle, you will need to switch over to the GREEN Bearings, regardless of what the naysayers say, there's nothing wrong with using them, I've used them, as have my customers for decades with no issues or failures, street, track, or road course cars that have been equipped with them,....however: your emergency brake cables can be used with no mods, the only thing to remember is to install the calipers on the correct side of the car with the bleeders as high as possible, and to use the shims provided to center the caliper over the rotor for equal pad wear/placement, flex lines are provided to adapt to your existing hard brake lines, now is the time to replace any old lines on the axle, they do offer lines alredy done for the rear disc brake set-up if you desire new lines, you will have to reshape/direct your existing ends, so if they're in sad shape?...replace

So if you have the tools/equipment to change out to Green Bearings, assorted hand tools, brake tubing tools (possibly needed) it is a 2-4 hr change out

The Dr Diff kits have provisions for the tapered bearing adjuster should you decide to go that route and keep the factory adjuster/bearings...perhaps Cass will chime in with a run down of his install guidlines for you?, or PM him

Mike