Whatever else you do, get a new electronic distributor with a high performance curve. You'd be surprised how much difference it makes.

On to ignition boxes: The simplest for my money is to run your new dist's signal directly into either an Accel 300+, MSD 6 whatever, Crane Cams HI-6 or Mallory multispark box. No need for orange box or ballast resistor. Get the coil that matches the box.

Now, for the sake of completeness, you could run from the white wire on the MSD to the output of an orange or chrome box but I couldn't think of why you'd want to do that. Just one more part to fail.

I have two other pieces of advice:
1. Don't mount the box on the firewall. Most multi-spark CD boxes make a clicking sound that will come right through the firewall if that's where the box is mounted.
2. Buy the box used but not abused on the 'bay. I love the Accel 300+ because it is small, digital, has a settable rev limiter built in, and has as much spark energy as the MSD 6 or Crane HI-6. The most I have paid for one brand new in the box is $120, the least $55. Both had matching coils.

Good Luck,
R.