Quote:

Did this in 1997.

I've since bent a steel 15x8 rim going off course at Willow. To the core, not just the outer rim. But I've taking the motor out and inspected with a fine toothed comb and no problems.

Now my Mopar remanufacture steering box with 80K miles is toast though. I did get 80K miles from it, but it's unscrewing itself from the input side spanner and regular adjustment nut. Lower bearing moves around after as much adjustment as possible while still in car. I think it's just taken too many "shots to the head."

Before someone was to weld up a k member like this, is there anyway to determine if it is straight beforehand. Not as in wrecked and bent but like made correctly. I have read that the quality varied greatly. I guess what i'm saying is there a "blueprint" so you could do some measuring and make sure everything is where it should be. Or if you have a half dozen k's laying around find out which one is the nost correct of the bunch before you do all the work to it?

Rob 70 Swinger 340 4spd FC7 4 sale 69 Charger auto Q5 14 Challenger SRT8 Core 6spd black Deposit on Hellcat