one piece of advice I would offer is, if possible have your K frame "cooked" to clean it, or at a minimum use a lot of degreaser and high pressure to get the inside clean. If not, you will constantly be blowing out the grease fires that flare up from all of the crud inside of the K frame. One other point that was brought to my attention is, dont try and weld it all at once. Jump aound and weld a couple of inches at a time, especially around the seam. This will ensure you don't tweak the frame due to heat. I didnt do this on purpose but more by accident. While I was at a local Mopar restoration shop, the owner was telling another guy a story about a K Frame he had that someone had started on one side an started pouring heat/weld into the frame. When he tried to bolt it up, the frame was twisted some. He attributed this to the welding technique. I dont think this is a huge issue or something that is easy to screw up, I just think it is better to be safe than pissed off. I would also recommend welding the seams around the frame and then weld/brace up the steering box area; that way nothing should move. Could be wrong here but that seems to be logical to me.

01 Viper GTS ACR
10 Challenger RT PCP 6spd
70 Challenger 440 6 pac
73 Cuda 416 Road Racer
70 Hemi Roadrunner
01 Ram 4x4 / 98 Ram 3500
91 Stealth RT
05 Durango Hemi
09 Caliber / 99 Dakota 4x4 / 52 Dodge B3B