Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

alright from scratch what I have is a set of NIB Manley 3/8 2.14/1.81 valves, a pair of bare 915's. a pair of bare blasted 452's a pair of cruddy 452 take offs complete. A 451 coming together and a 535 RB next (have block/4.5" crank). Top priority right now is heads. The KB pistons have the tall machinable dome & no idea where my height is going to fall but want to run pump gas & definitely want .040" quench. Double R I had just assumed that if the dia is not an issue and can ream the guides then I assumed the height would be the same/close. The "supers" have seats/guides installed & I'd have a guy ream the guides and I'd port them myself. That's the plan stan (so far). I'd think the larger supers would be the way to go unless you guys persuade me otherwise

why not just use a set of 88cc edelbrocks? pistons will fit with little to no machining. sell the manely valves, and happy motoring.

88cc Ebrocks are OPEN CHAMBER heads ... BAD choice unless he already had a shortblock built with KB step head pistons sticking .060-.100 above the deck.

john, the OP said he had kb pistons. the only kb 451 pistons i know of have quench domes. the 88cc edelbrock is a perfect fit for kb quench domes, .

You may have missed his other sillyness regarding the use of that piston , cut the dome for zero deck with a closed chanber head.

I don't know how hi that quench dome is on that piston , he may have too much piston to head which can be worked around by cutting the heads which may bump compression too high ???

my thoughts were; if you have a quench dome piston use a non-quench head. the dome can be milled for closed chamber heads; just a hoop i wouldn't jump thru. to me this is a simple project made difficult.