How much does the car weigh?

Three things kill driveline parts: weight, torque, and traction! Since we're talking probably big displacement turbo motor you're going to have lots of torque. If your car is heavy and you put slicks (or drag radials) on it and launch it on a well prepared surface then you're going to find the limits of your driveline.

Given that kind of scenario I would say a Dana 60 might be marginal. The detroit locker is pretty strong, but I'd be more concerned about twisting the axle tubes. Aftermarket Dana's are welded 360 degrees, but if your tubes are long enough you can still bow them because it's pretty hard to back-brace a Dana. Also, you can't run 40 spline axles with a Detroit Locker, max is 35 splines. Still I think the weak link would be the housing/tubes.

If it were me I would build a 9 inch ford, fabricated housing with integrated back-brace. That along with 35 spline axles and the locker would probably be fine.

And, yes several of the quick cars on Drag Week run Gear Vendors overdrive, so that thing is pretty solid.

Here's an example of such a rear end built for a heavy turbo street car with leaf spring rear suspension (note the notches in the back brace for the shocks). This car has a 588 c.i. wedge with 106mm turbo, built TH400 and Gear Vendors.

"These go to eleven", Nigel Tufnel