Third time might be a charm, the goofy weather is playing with my internet.
Guess I need to do an update.
I kept the pedal assembly from the Dakota, and I also still have the original lever assembly from the coupe. Like everything else on the coupe, anyplace where to parts were connected together that were suppose to move, didn't. Nearly everything original to the coupe was froze. A few months ago, I took all the mechanical parts related to the body and soaked them with PB Blaster, just drowned those parts then set them on a shelf.

The coupe is about 6" more narrow then the Dakota was at the firewall. Since the coupe is a 5 speed, the area near the driver's foot is pretty congested. The Dakota e-brake assembly was a pedal assembly. With the gas pedal, the brake pedal and a clutch pedal, there is little room left for my big wide feet to share space with another pedal. I was concerned every time I stepped on the clutch I would also contact the e-brake pedal.

One day I pulled out the two brake assemblies and started comparing them. I discovered the previously froze coupe lever could move a little. With much more PB and the help of the bench vice, I could work the lever until it was free. I dissembled it and cleaned and lubed everything. Once freed up, it was a viably choice. I compared the way the cable attached and the amount of pull each assembly had between to two assemblies. The amount of cable pull was the same. The Dakota cable had a removable sleeve the was pined to the assembly that the cable slipped into. The coupe also had a sleeve, but its pin was staked, and the cable was also pinned to the sleeve. When I drilled out the staked pin from the coupe assembly, I found the removable pin and sleeve from the Dakota fit right on the coupe's assembly. I would be able to use the Dakota front e-brake cable unmodified. All I had to do was determine where I wanted the lever to sit and make a bracket to hold it on the car. The original lever mounting position was at the top & side of the cowl. That location was rusted away, and is now part of the heater air box assembly. I was able to make a bracket I welded to the firewall/door post to bolt the e-brake lever to. I still need to make a hole for the cable to exit through the floor, the original Dakota e-brake cable hole was at the edge of the firewall, a part that was removed. Making the hold will be easy and will be done when I do the rest of the brakes, probably in another month or so. I don't want to do the brakes too long before I'm ready to start driving the car. Gene