Thanks guys.
Let me go on, I've got a ways to go to get current with this.

I told you how easy it was to load the car onto the trailer, unfortunately, it wasn't anywhere near that easy to unload. Let me give you a quick lay out of my place. I live at the last house on the end of our street. My property is zoned business and I run my one man welding shop out of the 2 car garage. The garage sits to the west of the house, the front of the garage is 10' behind the house. There is a 16' wide driveway from the garage to the street. West of the driveway is an empty lot that belongs to me. The lot is at the end of the block lined with a side street that dead ends at the back of my property. The property is pretty flat from the street to the front of the garage. Then it drops 8' in elevation from the front of the garage to the back of the garage. There is a 20' plateau before the elevation drops another 8' to the fence at the back of my property. Behind the fence, the elevation drops another 15' to a set of railroad tracks.

Because I use my garage to make a living, I must keep it mostly open, with easy access to it. That means any long term project has to sit in the grass along the west side of the drive, but in front of the garage.
The biggest piece of equipment I have here is a cherry picker, and it doesn't work very well in the grass. The car is on a borrowed trailer, so I have to get it off. The next problem is once its off the trailer, I won't be able to move it easily. The bed of the trailer is diamond plate steel, so the car can slide on the trailer with a little force, but there is a step to hook ramps to that would prevent the car from sliding off the trailer completely. To complicate matters worse, most of the time I'm working alone. My plan was to back the Dakota to a right angle to the drive, put my cherry picker in line with the drive, and chain it to the Dakota. Then I backed the trailer up to the cherry picker and unchained the car from the trailer. I hooked the cherry picker to the car frame and lifted the front about 3" off the trailer deck. Then I drove the trailer forward as the car slid on the trailer bed until only the front drums were still on the trailer. Jacked the cherry picker up another 12"-15" then put a pair of jack stands under the front frame, as high as I could go. I went back and lowered the picker until it wedged the front drums off the trailer bed. I removed the trailer and raised the picker up and set another pair of jack stands under the rear frame. With the car sitting solidly on 4 jack stands, the cherry picker was unchained from the Dakota and move it. Then the cherry picker was dug out of the grass and put back in the garage.

After several days of cleanup and all the measurements taken, covered earlier, The plan was made. For the record, everything done with the Dakota took place on the lot side of the driveway, side of the coupe. With the Dakota cut down to a frame, drive train and firewall and floor pan, it was moved onto the lot, out of the way.

Now the real fun began. It was time to remove the body shell from the coupe. The coupe body was braced inside with electrical conduit across the door openings and back to the rear wheel wells and from side to side with 2 levels of bracing, one set near the top of the doors, and the other set as low as I could get. I had hoped to keep the body as close to original as was possible, though I already knew it was off a bit from all the rusted structure. Wish I could show pictures of the bracing, but they are on the dead computer. Inspection told me I had 2 body mounts remaining at the firewall, and the very back 2 body mounts at the rear bumper that were still holding the body to the frame. In the cars previous life, someone cut out the center of the trunk floor and the lower 6" off the passenger side from the firewall to the rear wheel well. Both floor pans had rotted away from the firewall to the rear wheel wells, from the frame to the outer body shell. With a sawzall, I cut about 18" of floor along both rear wheel wells, removed the front 2 and rear 2 body mounts and the body was ready to lift off the frame. I left the doors on the body shell and intended on placing a 4" x 6" wood beam I have on a welded post on my cherry picker, through the door openings to lift the body. Here is where the next problem became apparent. Remember the car is sitting on the grass alongside of the driveway? To position the cherry picker to lift the body, the picker is completely off the driveway and will need to roll on to the driveway because I can't move the frame. The cherry picker won't move in the grass with the weight of the body hanging on it. To make matters worse, the grass is a couple inches lower then the driveway is, so even if it would have moved in the grass, it would not have come up on the cement driveway.

I acquired a couple 2" x 12" pieces of wood to put under the wheels of the cherry picker while it was in the grass. I had hoped the picker would roll on the wood then onto the the drive with the car body hanging from it. Ever try to roll a loaded cherry picker straight on an uneven surface? Didn't work for me either. I did manage to get the front wheels of the picker on the drive when one of the wheels under the car fell off one of the boards. I was pretty screwed. The body was about 1/2 way off the frame when the wheel fell off the board, so I couldn't set it down and put the picker back on the wood, and I couldn't move the picker with the 1 wheel off the wood alone. On top of that, it was getting late an would be dark in another hour. I moved my Big Blue truck up by the cherry picker and hooked a come-a-long between the picker and Big Blue. With the com-a-long, I could pull the cherry picker along onto the driveway. I had to reposition the truck 3 times but was able to get everything but that one wheel on the driveway. With a pry bar I was able to get that 4th wheel up on the drive. Once on the driveway, I was able to put the body on blocks and get the picker out from under it and back in the garage for over night. I really wish I would have gotten pictures of that body on blocks sitting on the driveway, but I didn't.pictures was about the last thing I was thinking about then. More later. Gene