Hello! I have spend the day searching online for Magnum swaps, 727 vs. A518, and found the best threads on Moparts, so I joined! I ended up with a 1973 Charger a year ago through a swap of various vehicles. The car is in good shape with solid floors and a running 318/727. The engine is not original, so not worth keeping since the previous owner put in a ridiculous cam and 360 heads ... i.e. No low end!

My goal is a retro rod with MPFI, 4-wheel discs and lowered. If I want power later I can re-gear or add a Jeep 5.2L supercharger setup.

I recently parted-out my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I kept the engine, engine wire harness, PCM, A/C parts. I was thinking of dropping this in the Charger since I already have the engine and all the wiring, etc. I am now looking at either a 727 or A518 and saw a mention of a way to get an A518 into a B-Body with only modifying the case ... anyone have a link?

I have heard the starter is on the opposite side on Jeep vs. Dodge Magnums. Curious if anyone has a Jeep Magnum in their B-Body and how you handled headers with starter opposite.

Any tips, thoughts, concerns, comments, etc.?

6900258-73se_s.jpg (435 downloads)